Saturday, September 3, 2011

As hard as it is to say Alice, I'm done

Alice-

It's been distrustful, hurtful, and upsetting. It's been heartwreching, full of heartache, and aggravating. I think for the 1st time in my scientific career, I'm ready to be done.

I'm done with playing by the rules. I'm normally very good at it. I follow the rules no harm no foul. Even if I don't agree with it.

I'm over it. I don't abide by rules so often in other facets of my life, why should work be any different? I mean cmon now, me and P have been in and out of each other's existences now for close to 3 years (if not more) and now we're talking about jobs, kids, moves, like we live in the same place. We don't! We live in 2 different locales, and while that is as difficult as it was when he first left, the end is in sight.

With work, the end is in sight. The 2 weeks notice is close. SUPER close.  Now it's just a matter of following through. Being the one that can stand tall and say, NO. It's over. For real.

Let's see if I can pull this off!
Yours forever,
M

No comments: